Tuesday, March 3, 2015


I am really looking forward to journeying through this class with some familiar faces and some faces new to me!  My name is Rosalind Forber, and I teach math and science in an inclusion fifth grade classroom community in Holliston, MA.  I came into teaching later in life, worked for several years as a paraprofessional, and became a classroom teacher in 2006.  My experiences as a parent, especially a parent who sat through quite a few IEP and 504 meetings, have been very helpful in my professional practice and in my relationships with families of my students. Now, at an age when many teachers are retired or almost so, I am in my ninth year of teaching in my own classroom, and plan to be around for a while. 


My husband and I have four grown children who do amazing things to change the world. 

My first is running an NGO in India, and just got married last August.

It seems that time is scarce these days, but when I can steal a few minutes,  I knit and paint with water colors.  I find these activities to be very stress relieving and they provide me with little moments of respite, little mini vacations, when the world gets too rushed and pressures mount. I'm still working on the idea of a life in balance.

I am loving the connections between educators that develop in these online courses and in the wider community. Here is a classroom set up idea I got from Facebook and Pinterest. We do so much group work, and now the supplies are always there in those white bins and tubs. I highly recommend the set up.

4 comments:

  1. It is great to work with you again for this class, EC 6106, Rosalind. Thanks for posting the pictures. They were fun to see and get to know you more. I look forward to working with you. -Val Darting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalind, I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures, I remember you mention it last year. It is nice to be working with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROS!
    I'm always excited to see your name on the roster. What a beautiful picture of your son's wedding! It's ironic that the clan that I started with (5007), are the friends that I'm finishing with! I wouldn't have it any other way...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rosalind, great to see you again. Thank you for share your family with us. What is an NGO in India that your son does? I too use bins and tubs to support my different classroom subjects and it does decrease the labor intensity of lesson building.

    ReplyDelete